Pages

20/04/2018

I Don’t Want Breakfast in Bed, Dear

No, I don’t want breakfast in bed, Dear,
And I’ll tell you the reason why... 
if I have to clean the sheets again,
It will surely make me cry. 

No, I don’t want an “indoor picnic”,
A T.V dinner on the settee..
Because who is the one who’ll vacuum the crumbs?!
Me!! It’s always me!!! 

I want you to take the baby, Dear, 
So I can get some sodding sleep 
Or offer to wash the dishes,
Or give the floors a sweep! 

Or offer to do the laundry,
And tidy your clothes away,
Or take the baby for a walk,
For an hour... or half a day! 

I want you to dust the cobwebs,
Pick toys up off the floor,
Let me have a bubble bath,
And promise that you’ll never snore! 

I don’t want flowers or chocolates,
Although roses are quite sweet.
I just want you to help me...

And I just need some sleep!!! 

2 comments:

  1. When you marry a ginger
    and can't get no sleep,
    Just think of old London
    and start counting the sheep.

    If the Welsh drive you mad 
    and you need to relax,
    You should stroke little puppies
    or start playing your sax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could sleep when I married my ginger,
    It’s the baby that’s keeping me up,
    And I’ve no time left for playing music,
    Or stroking a cute little pup!

    I’ll have to rely on old methods,
    For getting a good, full night’s sleep,
    And use chloroform on a hanky,
    Instead of counting the sheep!

    ReplyDelete